Recipe: How To Make Cannabis Infused Tacos
Tacos are a great party food, and way to share a delightful evening with friends. Here is how you can take it up a notch with some cannabis-infusion. Just make sure everyone knows before eating!
Tacos are a tasty meal appreciated worldwide. Whether it’s a couple on the run or sitting down to a gourmet plateful, they are always satisfying and delicious.
These therapeutic Mexican inspired delights will have you floating like a butterfly, enjoying the soaring cerebral nature of your weed, while allowing the body to sink into deep relaxation.
This recipe is super easy to follow, but you will need some cannabis-infused butter or oil, so be sure to check out our recipe for each first!
- Medium sized frying pan or skillet
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Medium bowl
- 150g cannabis-infused butter or oil, infused olive oil preferably if oil is chosen
- 500g minced beef
- 1 small red onion
- 1 small brown onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, you can personalize with 3 or 4 or 6 if you like garlic
- One pouch of taco seasoning*
- 1 small can of tomato paste – don’t use tomato sauce the texture is too runny and you will have more on your wrist than in your tummy
*this is the easy method. If you want to use authentic spices:
- 3 Bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon of Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder. This will be mild, feel free to crank it up if you like food with a kick
- Dice both onions as fine as you can without cutting your fingers.
- Peel then crush garlic cloves with the heel of your thumb then dice finely.
- Over a mild heat, melt half the cannabutter or heat half the oil until a test speck of onion starts to sizzle. Add the onions and sauté, continuously stirring with the spatula, until the onions start to go clear. Tip cooked onions into the bowl.
- Add taco seasoning or spices, crushed garlic, and tomato paste to the onion, and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Return pan to the heat and add the rest of the cannabutter or oil.
- Toss in the minced beef and slightly brown, breaking the mince up with the spatula as it cooks. It can turn into big blobs with rare bits in the middle if you don’t give it some attention. The texture should be like meat crumbs with all the little bits browned slightly.
- Add the onion, spice, and tomato paste mix, and stir through the mince thoroughly. Turn heat down to low and leave to simmer for 15 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you used real spices, remember to remove the bay leaves!
This mix can be used as a filling for tacos, soft tortillas or burritos.
Just add some favourite grated cheese and chopped salad and a lovely savoury and buzz-inducing main meal is yours to enjoy. Remember that cannabis edibles can take anywhere up to two hours to kick in!
Add a little marijuana magic to your Mexican night with this cannabis-infused taco recipe! It is sure to get you buzzing!
How to make CBD or THC infused tacos
A lot of people start out assuming that CBD or THC edibles come in the form of sweet treats that are easy to throw together, there are many more cannabis recipes out there that include mouth-watering meats, and other main dishes that we all know and love. Once you get the hang of making easy to follow cannabis recipes, you will eventually break out into the new and exciting world of creating your marijuana edibles from scratch. It’s super easy to do once you realize that all it takes is a little bit of basic knowledge on boiling points for cannabinoids, and how to recreate the texture and taste that you are aiming for. One of the most popular throw-together meals for a family dinner or game night is tacos, and they are a people pleaser for sure. No matter what your guests might like, a taco dinner provides options that allow for complete personalization of the taste, with only one consistent, and that is the ground beef. Here we will show you how to infuse the meat with either cannabinoid and once you are done, THC or CBD edibles will feel much less daunting the next time you want to throw together an extra special meal.
The base of infusion
This is where the real magic happens, and whether you enjoy the benefits of CBD or THC edibles, how you create the infused product is going to make a world of difference. The trick is to choose the correct marijuana strains when infusing your butter or oil. If you prefer THC edibles, than you will want to select a strain that produces high amounts of the cannabinoid. For CBD edibles, it can be a bit more challenging, but you will need to find a kind that provides the element in sufficient amounts. If the strain you choose has high CBD and THC, it will result is the effects of both, so if you are trying to avoid the psychoactive qualities of cannabis, then it’s a good idea to be incredibly selective, and choose a type that has less than 3% THC.
How to infuse ground beef with cannabinoids
To begin, you will need to have on hand some cannabis-infused butter or oil, so if you don’t, be sure to check out our cannabutter recipes before moving on.
- ¾ cup of cannabutter (or cannabis infused oil)
- 1 pound of ground beef (defrosted)
- 1 large red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- ½ of one small can of tomato paste
- 1 sharp knife
- 1 large frying pan (or wok)
- 1 spatula
- 1 glass or metal bowl
- Peel and dice the onion and crush the garlic cloves in preparation for cooking.
- Add half of the cannabutter (or oil) to a frying pan and set it to medium heat.
- Once the oils begin to sizzle, you can add the onions, and sauté them until they start to turn transparent.
- Once finished, place the onions in a small glass or metal bowl.
- Now pour the tomato sauce, garlic, and spices into the bowl, over the cooked onions, and combine them before setting the bowl aside.
- Add the rest of the cannabutter to the frying pan before adding in the ground beef.
- Slowly chop up the ground beef and cook it until it browns over medium heat.
- Once the hamburger has browned, turn the burner down to low, and dump in the bowl of ingredients.
- Cover and allow the mixture to simmer for 15 minutes before serving.
Infused taco topping options
- cannabis-infused cheese
- cannabis-infused sour cream
- cannabis-infused salsa
- cannabis-infused guacamole
Plain taco topping options
- sour cream
Cannabis taco seasoning recipe
Whether you like using cannabis for medicinal CBD qualities or enjoy the psychoactive element THC, these weed tacos will be a blast.
Here we will show you how to infuse the meat with either cannabinoid and once you are done, THC or CBD edibles will feel much less daunting the next time.