How To Make Weed-Infused American Apple Pie
Follow our easy recipe and you will get a tasty twist on an American classic – apple pie, but with marijuana a marijuana buzz!
Apple pie is an American favourite when it comes to baked goods. One can almost imagine it sitting on the windowsill of grandma’s house, steaming, cooling down, awaiting hungry stomachs to fill with sweetness, chewy chunks of apple and a crumbly and buttery crust. Today we will give you an easy recipe with a special twist – the apple pie we make will have herbal overtones, adding a whole new level of delight.
You will need some cannabis-infused butter for this recipe. You can check out our recipe for it here.
- 3 ¼ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 cup of cannabis butter (it has to be cold)
- ¼ cup of cold vegetable shortening
- – 5 to 6 tablespoons ice water
For the filling:
- 1.3kg of apples (cored, peeled and sliced)
- 3 ¼ cups of brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 ¼ teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
MAKING THE CRUST
- Using a sieve, sift the flour, sugar and salt into a bowl.
- Add the cold cannabis butter and vegetable shortening to the mix.
- Using your hands, mix everything together until you have a nice crumbly consistency.
- Next, you need to knead the dough. Add a small amount of water at a time as you do this. Continue gently until the mixture pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- Form a ball and split it in two. One-half has to be slightly bigger than the other. The bigger one is needed for the base of the pie and the smaller one for the top. Keep the halves in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, then roll them out evenly and put them back in the refrigerator.
MAKING THE FILLING
- Combine the apple slices and the fresh lemon juice in a large bowl and mix them together well.
- Add the brown sugar, granulated sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg to the mix, making sure that all the apples are coated.
PREPARING AND BAKING THE PIE
- Put the crust base in a pie dish and press it firmly on the bottom of and sides of the pan. Leave roughly 3cm of dough hanging over the edge of the pan.
- Scoop the apple filling into it. If you have some cannabis butter left, you can disperse it on the apple filling evenly to make your pie even more potent.
- Put the top crust on it, leaving 3cm of it hanging, and seal the base and top together – crimping with a fork works well.
- You can poke a few holes in the top or cut an “X” to allow the steam to escape.
- Now whisk an egg and generously brush it over the top of the pie to give it a nice glazed finish.
- Preheat your oven to 190°C and bake the pie for 1 hour, or until the crust is golden brown. Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool down for a while.
It takes a bit of prep work, but this succulent and tasty pie is well worth the effort! It will have you pleasantly buzzing the evening away after a nice filling dinner. Remember, cannabis-infused food can take up to 2 hours to kick in! Enjoy!
Learn how to make a delicious weed-infused apple pie American style.
- October 23, 2019
- / One Comment
This classic pie is an all time favorite dessert. What if we told you we are elevating this further? Try our weed infused apple pie recipe for a classically delicious dessert with a perfect twist.
What cannabis base does this weed infused pie use?
This recipe requires cannabis butter (cannabutter). Fortunately, this weed infused butter is very simple to make. Grab your butter and decarb weed. Follow this recipe to make the cannabis base.
How long does this pie take to make?
Excitingly, it only takes 20 minutes to prepare your weed pie for baking. Once in the oven, your cannabis pie will take 45 minutes to bake. Let this amazing weed dessert cool, and it is ready for eating!
Can I customize this recipe?
Fortunately, there are many ways that you can customize this recipe for weed infused apple pie. Your favorite pie recipe can be used by substituting for cannabutter. However, we highly recommend you give this one a try!
The customizability of your cannabis infused pie is endless! Smother this pie in a delicious fruit compote. Decorate your pie with fresh fruit like raspberries and blueberries. Dust the top of your pie with icing sugar. Top each serving with whip cream. Experiment with sauces such as caramel, chocolate, raspberry, or vanilla. Fry up some apples in caramel cause and cinnamon for a sweet and beautiful plate garnish. Decorate your plate with star anise and vanilla pods for extra dazzle.
If you enjoy ice cream with your pie, perhaps try our cannabis ice cream recipe!
Will this canabis infused apple pie get me high?
If you use a strain of weed that his high in THC this cannabis infused pie will get you high. If you would like to enjoy cannabis without the psychoactive effects this is also possible. Choose a weed strain that is high in CBD and low in THC. Infuse your cannabutter with a CBD strain instead of a THC strain and you can enjoy cannabis without the elevating effects.
Try our weed infused apple pie. This contemporary twist on a sturdy classic is sure to delight. Cannabutter infused apple pie is simply delcious!