Width: 11 inches
Height: 8 inches
Depth: 9 inches
Made in the USA
Ohio Stoneware Bean Pot with Lid
Classic stoneware bean pot traditionally used to slow bake beans. These highly decorative bean pots tend to be associated with Boston Style baked beans which is a molasses and navy bean(white bean) based dish. The original styling of this pot lends itself to the old fashioned pots that where used to bake beans in a brick oven on Saturday and left overnight to stay warm for a hot Sunday meal.
Ceramic Milk Bottle
Stoneware Whiskey Jugs
Bean Pot Recipes
Boston Baked Beans
- 2 or 3 cups of navy beans
- large white or yellow onion cut into thick slices
- sliced of bacon or salt pork
- 1/4 cup of molasses
- 1 Tbs. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbs. salt
- Cover navy beans with water and allow to soak for atleast 2 hours (or overnight). Drain the beans but reserve the liquid.
- In a bowl add molasses, mustard, black pepper, and salt.(You may also add ketchup, brown sugar, worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, green peppers or vinegar to your taste.)
- Layer beans, onions, bacon(salt pork), repeat, ending with a layer of bacon and onions on top. Cover with reserved water, then add mixture from bowl.
- Bake in your stone ware pot for 2 -3 hours in a 350 degree oven.
Functional Stoneware Mixing Bowls that is made in the USA and is dishwasher, oven, and microwave safe.
Older folks use it for baked beans; younger folks use it for chili. We are old Yankees so we call it the Bean Pot. The bean finial on the lid is appropriate either way.
3 quart capacity, 8″ diameter
Click on image for larger view.
Each piece is completely handcrafted and signed “Peter Pots.” There is slight variation between pieces, and if you are ordering several pieces, we make every effort to pick items as similar as possible. We strive to keep all items in stock, but we may need to make something for your order. Please allow 2 weeks for our potters to make your pieces.
Older folks use it for baked beans; younger folks use it for chili. We are old Yankees so we call it the Bean Pot. The bean finial on the lid is appropriate either way. 3 quart capacity, 8" diameter Oven-proof Dishwasher Safe Click on image for larger view.