Hebei haihao high pressure flange & pipe fitting group was established in 1982, located in Mengcun County the hometown of pipe fittings in China.
Advantages and disadvantages of spiral welded pipe
Spiral welded pipe(or helical welded pipe)is cold formed from hot rolled coil and submerged arc welded in a single,continuous process.It is to roll the low carbon structural steel and low alloy steel strip to tube according to certain helix angle,and then welded pipe joints.The spiral welding process is efficient,flexible,cost efficient and is customizable for very large diameters or long lengths with various levels.
OD508MM SCHXS Q345 20 meter spiral welded pipes
Advantages of spiral welded pipe:
(1) Steel pipes of the same width can be used to produce steel pipes of different diameters, especially for producing large diameter steel pipes with narrow strip steel.
(2) Under the same pressure conditions, the spiral weld is subjected to less stress than the straight seam, which is 75% to 90% of the straight seam welded pipe, and thus can withstand a large pressure. Compared with the straight seam welded pipe of the same outer diameter, the wall thickness can be reduced by 10% to 25% under the same pressure.
(3) The size is accurate, the general diameter tolerance is not more than 0.12%, the deflection is less than 1/2000, and the ellipticity is less than 1%. Generally, the sizing and straightening process can be omitted.
(4) It can be continuously produced. In theory, it can produce infinitely long steel pipes, with small loss of cutting head and tail cutting, which can improve the utilization rate of metal by 6% to 8%.
(5) Compared with the straight seam welded pipe, it is flexible in operation and easy to change the variety.
(6) The equipment is light in weight and has low initial investment. It can be made into a trailer-type mobile unit, and the welded pipe can be directly produced at the construction site where the pipeline is laid.
(7) It is easy to realize mechanization and automation.
OD323.9 SCH20 P245GH 12meter spiral welded pipe
Disadvantages of spiral welded pipe:
Due to the use of coiled steel as raw material, there is a certain crescent bend, and the welding point is in the elastic strip edge area, so it is difficult to align the welding torch and affect the welding quality. To do this, set up complex weld tracking and quality inspection equipment.
The spiral welding process is efficient,flexible,cost efficient and is customizable for very large diameters or long lengths with various levels.
SPIRAL WELDED PIPES
U. S. Steel Košice, s.r.o. is producing SAW (Submerged arc welding) spiral pipes on two welding lines with an annual production capacity 80,000-100,000 tons per year.
Spiral welded steel pipes are made of low carbon as well as micro alloyed HSLA steel from hot rolled substrate produced at U. S. Steel Košice.
U. S. Steel Košice, s.r.o. is producing SAW (Submerged arc welding) spiral pipes on two welding lines with annual production capacity 80,000-100,000 tons per year. Spiral welded steel pipes are made of low carbon as well as micro alloyed HSLA steel from hot rolled substrate produced at U. S. Steel Košice.
U. S. Steel Košice produces pipes in sizes ranging from 406 mm to 1422 mm outside diameter, wall thickness from 5,0 mm to 14,2 mm and length from 8 m to 18 m.
The pipes are delivered in accordance with EN, DIN, API and ISO standards or in accordance with agreed terms or standards.
Pipe production has a long tradition with the first spiral welded pipe manufactured in 1960 as the first product produced at the plant. For almost 50 years we have supplied most European countries and the countries of the former Soviet Union. The main sectors supplied include pipes for the transport of gas, oil and water as well as pipes for the construction markets.
Each pipe undergoes a series of non-destructive tests: – ultrasonic test, X-ray test, pressure test and visual inspection of surface and welds from outside and from inside the pipe. All results are recorded and archived.
Certificates and Quality Control System
The production process is certified according to EN ISO 9001; EN ISO 14001; API Spec.Q1 standards by American Petroleum Institute.
In addition, the high quality of our pipes has been confirmed by following product certificates:
• Certification of Quality Assurance System for Material Manufacturer acc. to Directive 97/23/EC and AD 2000-Merkblatt W0
• Certification of Factory Production Control according to EN 10219-1 for Structural Sections
• Certification of Conformity with EN ISO 3834-2
• Certification of Conformity with Act No. 264/1999 Coll. and Act No.90/1998 Coll. (Slovak legislation)
• Certification of Conformity for Ukrainian and Polish market
Steel producer is one of the largest Slovak companies. Site lists products, responsible business programs, contacts and subsidiaries.