Review Of The Best eye drops for stoners
Best Eye Drops For Stoner: How To Get Rid Of Red Eyes Caused By Smoking Weed
You aren’t ashamed that you are a stoner; but, it is none of anyone’s business that you do smoke. So, what can you do to prevent one of the most obvious signs of smoking weed: bloodshot, dilated, eyes. This article will tell you the optimum way to fix stoners eyes, and also the following:
- Reasons Why Your Eyes Get Blood Shot and Dilated When Stoned
- DIY Methods and Precautions for Reducing and Eliminating Stoner Eyes
- Best OTC Eye Drops For Weed Smokers
Please note, that none of the reviews specifically mention that they used any of these eye-drops to get rid of red eyes caused by using cannabis. However, some of these brands are specifically mentioned on various sites as being some of the best eye drops for stoners. So they all should be acceptable for helping you get rid of eye redness caused by cannabis.
Why Do I Get Red Eye When Smoking Weed?
One common misconception on why your eyes are affected by smoking weed is because of the cannabis smoke irritating your eyes. However, this is not the main reason for the redness as this eye redness is likely caused by allergy or your eyes being simply irritated from the smoke. However, cannabis or ANY type of smoke may irritate your eyes and cause redness.
Additionally, you still may get red eyes even if you are using edibles. So, if the smoke isn’t the reason, what is the reason? The answer is the cannabinoids in weed are what causes your eyes to turn red. The THC in weed lowers your blood pressure that causes dilation in your blood vessels and capillaries in your eyes. The increased blood flowing in your eyes in turn causes your eyes to turn red. By the way, this effect is also the reason why marijuana has been shown to help with glaucoma.
What Are The Best Way To Prevent Eye Redness?
Here, are few tips to help you prevent or reduce the redness that is associated with weed smoking. Some of these suggestions are common sense. However, it doesn’t hurt to be reminded of common sense sometimes. This list is based on what works well for reducing the need for eye drops for redness relief, also methods for getting rid of the dreaded red-eye.
● Lower THC-The higher the THC levels in cannabis the more likely you will be to get unsightly redness. So, if you are that worried about your eyes getting red you should try strains that have low THC. Also, if you are just wanting health benefits that are associated with weed and not the “high”, you should just try CBD.
● Hydration– Hydration can help reduce red eyes.
● Stay Home-If you are worried about your appearance, you should simply stay home to enjoy your cannabis. Just be sure to stock up on the munchies, beforehand.
● Plan Accordingly-You should plan to smoke or take edibles X hours before you have to go out in public. I.E. If you have an important family get together and you don’t want to show up stoned quit smoking at around five hours before the function. Also, refrain from edibles if you are worried about being out in public while stoned.
● Eye Drops-Try some over-the-counter eye drops that are specifically formulated to reduced eye redness. Some of the more popular eye drops that are specially meant to reduce or eliminate the dreaded “Red-Eye” are the following: Visine, Clear Eyes, Rotho-V, and Opcon-A. Each of these will be examined and reviewed below.
The Best Eyes Drops For Stoners
The following are a list of the most, highly rated, eye drops, that are sold on Amazon.
- Clear Eyes
Each of these eye drops will be reviewed in more detail below. Each of these drops is highly rated and has thousands of reviews. So, you can’t go wrong with any of these that are listed. So, take a look, read the reviews, and buy the solution that works best for you.
Don’t Go For The Lowest Bidder
It is not smart to go for the lowest bidder in certain areas. For example, it isn’t wise to get plastic surgery at a seedy motel room. https://www.click2houston.com/news/2018/11/09/women-conned-into-dangerous-plastic-surgery-in-houston-hotel-rooms/ You obviously, don’t want to mess with your eyes. So, getting a generic, no-name, eye drops need to be avoided. (Dollar store eye drops may be just fine. But, taking a chance of hurting your eyes is not worth saving a few dollars) Store brand eye drops, (I.E. Wallgreens, Wallmart, etc.) should not be an issue. But, by all means, avoid, cheap, dollar store eye drops. Luckily, the eye drops below are not that expensive. As a result, finding quality, affordable, eye-drops for you shouldn’t be a problem.
Rotho-V is a lesser-known, eye-drop brand and also has far fewer reviews than other drops on Amazon. It is though a quite popular, worldwide brand. However, I am including this brand as it has been recommended by several top-name cannabis sites are being among the “Best Eye Drops For Stoners.”
Three Pack of .4 Fluid Ounce Bottles
- Naphazoline hydrochloride-0.012% (Redness Reliever)
- Polysorbate- 80.02% (Helps Moisturize your Eyes)
- Benzalkonium chloride
- Boric Acid
- Alcohol (0.1%)
- Purified Water, Sodium Borate,
- Edetate disodium
● Highly Rated-For a sizeable amount of reviews. Also, they’re no one or two-star review.
● Enthusiastic Reviews-Maybe hyperbole; but certain customers highly praise Rotho as being “The Best Eye Drops Ever.”
● Best Eye Drops-A few highly rated and respected cannabis authorities specifically recommend the Rotho as working well for getting rid of bloodshot eyes from weed smoking.
● Stings-A few poor ratings stated that the eye drops stung quite a bit when put in eyes.
● Comfort-A few stated that the drops did work well in giving redness relief and helping with eye discomfort.
● Limited Options-Only comes in the three-pack of .4 fluid ounces.
Visine Red Eye Comfort Eye Drop
Visine eye drops are, at least for me, are what people think of when they are thinking about over the counter eye drops. And these Visine eye drops that are being reviewed are specifically touted as being able to help you get rid of bloodshot eyes. But, do they get the job done?
- Tetrahydrozoline HCl 0.05% (Relieves Redness)
- Sodium phosphate
- Boric acid
- Ascorbic acid
- Magnesium Chloride
- Potassium Chloride
- Purified Water
- Sodium Borat
- Sodium Xitrate
- Sodium Lactate
● Highly Rated- Nearly a five-star reviews with over 1,000 reviews
● Envagilists-Many users note that Visine is a popular product that gets the job done, and there is no need to change.
● Gets The Job Done- Many reviews claim that, after trying various different eye drops, Visine Anti- Redness works better for them.
● Redness- These are specifically marketed for red-eyes, and the reviewer states that they do in fact work well for helping with red-eyes.
● Convenience-I comes is a small size, which makes it work well for carrying it in your pocket, purse, etc.
● Long-Lasting- Not a trend. But a few comments stated that the redness relief is not that long-lasting.
● Long Term Use- A reviewer said that his doctor told him that they should not be for the long term. (I have no proof of this however, for those that will use these on a regular basis, it might be something you would want to investigate)
● Dry Your Eyes-Reviewer stated that Visine eye drops cause dry eyes, which will force you to use them regularly.
● Animal Testing-A one-star review stated that these eye drops are tested on rabbits in an inhumane matter. (May or may not be true. However, I believe it may be true as the seller did not reply to the accusation)
● Eye Irritation- A few users stated that he had major eye irritation after using these eye drops.
Clear Eyes Eye Drops Redness Relief
● 2.2 Fl Ounces. (pack of 1)
● .2 FL oz. (Pack of 12)
● .5 Fl Oz. (Pack of Three)
- Naphazoline Hydrochloride 0.012% (Relieves the Redness)
- Glycerin 0.25% (Lubricant),
- Edetate Disodium
- Boric Acid
- Benzalkonium Chloride
- Purified Water
- Sodium Borate
● BestSeller- #8 Bestseller on Amazon for Eye drops.
● Rated Highly- Almost 5.0 average out of nearly 5,000 ratings.
● Size-The small-sized bottle is perfect for carrying around with you. The 12 pack of small bottles is especially convenient.
● Eye-Dryness- Works well for helping with dry eyes along with removing red, bloodshot eyes.
● Gets the Job Done-Reviewer stated that Clear Eyes, Eye drops work well for getting rid of red eyes. (Reviewer mentioned that his red-eyes were because of allergies.
● US Only Shipping- This supplier for Clear Eyes stated that they can only shop within the US or to military (APO, FPO) addresses.
● Not As Effective-A reviewer remarked that the product take a long time to work if it even works at all. The user specifically stated that Visine All-Day-Comfort eye-drops are a better option.
There are many choices for eye drops out there. So, it can get a bit confusing. Also, as the eye-drops may have different ingredients, one eye drop may work well for someone and either not work for others and can even cause eye irritation. For example, Clear Eyes’ main ingredient for getting rid of red in eyes is Naphazoline Hydrochloride, and Visine’s main ingredient is Tetrahydrozoline HCL. I am by no means a chemist. But, does not seem to be outlandish to think that different people will react differently to different chemicals. So, my overall advice is basically common sense in that you should try a smaller amount, see how it works, and if it doesn’t work, try another brand and then rinse and repeat as needed.
Red Eyes and weed go together. Can the redness associated with smoking cannabis be fixed? Find out this my review fo the Best Eye Drops For Stoners
The Best Eye Drops for Red Eyes and Redness Relief
Monday April 20, 2020
H appy 4/20 everyone! Even though we’re under quarantine for this year’s marijuana holiday, we know plenty of you are celebrating at home in big ways. With that being said, you may have an important Zoom meeting to attend or a video chat for work (it is Monday after all) where red eyes might make for problems. While we don’t advocate consuming cannabis over responsibilities like work and chores, on 4/20 (and in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic) it’s understandable to take a few tokes to relieve some stress and enjoy the most well-known day for cannabis celebration.
Of course, there are plenty of ways to cure a bad case of red eyes after a nice 4/20 smoke session. These remedies can range from a cold compress over your eyes to donning a pair of sunglasses. But this is no time to take chances on holistic remedies and you’re going to be indoors all day. You need eye drops stat. It’s the quickest and most effective way. But with so many options for eye drops, which is the right one for cannabis consumers with red eyes?
Don’t worry. PotGuide is here to guide you towards the best eye drops for relieving red eyes so you can get back to your day, clear eyed and stress free.
Visine Original Redness Relief
Like Band-Aids for bandages, Kleenex for tissues, and ChapStick for lip balm, there’s a reason people use the brand name Visine when they’re talking about eye drops. The brand is so well known that you’re probably visualizing the label as you’re reading this. So it should come as no surprise that Visine is one of the best options for turning those blood reds back into pearly whites.
For 60 years their patented formula has brought relief of red eye to stoners everywhere, shrinking those expanded blood vessels back to their pre-Hulked out size and allowing pot consumers to continue on with their day undetected. One or two drops in each eye with the active ingredient, 0.05% tetrahydrozoline hydrochloride will do the trick. For the best bang for your buck, check out the Advanced Redness + Irritation Relief variety. It covers all your bases and clears up your eyes fast.
Rohto Cool Max Maximum Redness Relief
If you’ve ever wanted that cooling blast that comes from chewing peppermint gum and then breathing in real deep, but dropped into your eyes, Rohto is the brand for you. The Japan-based company holds the title for number one eye drop brand worldwide for good reason. Rohto has gained its place mostly with its refreshingly cool varieties of eye drops. These drops give your eyes that bracing, wake up sensation of an ice-water dunk while taking the redness away. With Naphazoline hydrocholoride as the active ingredient, these drops have a great track record of success with weed consumers from Amsterdam to Japan. As an extra plus, they last all day just in case you’re thinking of indulging more than once while you’re out and about.
Clear Eyes Maximum Redness Relief
This well respected brand of eye drops may not have the brand name recognition of Visine (although you may recognize their commercials with spokesperson Ben Stein), but they still know what they’re about. With their active ingredient of Naphazoline Hydrochloride and an effective duration of 12 hours, Clear Eyes is always a quality choice. While they may innocently say that they’re trying to relieve you of the discomfort of hay fever, they’re well known to be effective on people who aren’t just suffering from seasonal allergies. Clear Eyes has built their brand, and even their name, on redness relief and they are one to trust about it.
Baush & Lomb Sensitive Eyes Rewetting Drops
Cannabis consumers who are also afflicted with far or near-sightedness can face a major problem if they also wear contact lenses. Given the choice, sometimes it’s better to just play off the red eye rather than treat it. The ingredients in eye drops like Visine, Clear Eyes, or Rohto can cause some real adverse effects when combined with soft or hard contact lenses. Once applied, these types of eye drops can build up on the lenses, making the irritation even worse. Sometimes it gets to the point where you have to just take your contacts out entirely, which is not ideal if you then have to drive, walk somewhere, or identify random letters and numbers of increasingly smaller sizes on a chart six feet away.
Luckily, Baush & Lomb Sensitive Eyes Rewetting Drops will take your red eye away while preserving your contact lenses. While there are a couple of brands that will help you to re-moisturize your eyes while wearing contacts. Baush & Lomb is hands down the best for clearing up red eye as well.
With so many different brands of eye drops (and each one secretly knows who their main customers are), you’ll be able to clear up your red eyes in no time. While the above may serve as a basic guide, everyone’s body chemistry is different. Just like cannabis, if you find that one brand isn’t working the way you’d like, don’t lose hope. Once you find the brand that returns those blood shot eyes to their ivory hue, stick with it. Just remember to use eye drops before that big Google Hangouts meeting with the team today. Happy 4/20 everyone!
What’s your favorite brand of eye drops? Share your top picks with other readers in the comments below.
It's 4/20! On marijuana's biggest celebration, many people are consuming marijuana freely. As a result, some of us might be dealing with red eyes. Check out the best brands of eye drops for redness relief after smoking weed.