Please verify you are a human
Access to this page has been denied because we believe you are using automation tools to browse the website.
This may happen as a result of the following:
- Your browser does not support cookies
Reference ID: #13ea58b0-2cda-11eb-ba9e-03d8bd8ba38d
Please verify you are a human Access to this page has been denied because we believe you are using automation tools to browse the website. This may happen as a result of the following:
A Guide On How To Make Weed Syrup
Published : Mar 27, 2018
Categories : Cannabis recipes
Did you know that you can actually make your very own homemade cannabis syrup? In this article, we show you how in just a few simple steps using everyday ingredients.
If there is one thing that can be associated with cannabis, it’s creativity. Not only as an after-effect consumers experience from smoking a toke or two from their favorite strain, but also creativity in terms of the possibilities for infusing weed into food and drink.
This is the exact reason there are so many edibles recipes out there. In this article, we will be breaking down the steps and ingredients for you to make your own homemade, canna-infused “simple syrup”. Enjoy!
3 cups granulated sugar
2 grams finely ground or chopped cannabis
3 cups filtered water
2 tablespoons vegetable glycerin
Strainer or cheesecloth
1 jar or container of your choice
1. Add sugar and water to saucepan; bring to a boil.
2. Stir the mixture to the point where the sugar is completely dissolved. Add in your ground cannabis and allow the mix to boil for 20 minutes with the lid on. This process aims to decarboxylate the herbs.
3. Make sure not to exceed the 20-minute mark. Once it is done, add the vegetable glycerin to the mix. This allows your cannabinoids to bind to the fat and infuse into the syrup mixture.
4. Allow the mixture to simmer for up to 6 minutes, but make sure to give it a stir every minute.
5. After the simmering is done, pour the syrup into your container over the strainer or cheesecloth to sift out the ground plant material. Be careful with this step as the syrup will be extremely hot.
6. Once the mixture has cooled down, you are now ready to serve your cannabis syrup.
As you may notice, these are fairly simple steps using ingredients that you can find in your kitchen cupboard, or in a grocery store near you. But the great thing about this mixture are the many different ways to use it.
Not only is this concoction a great addition to baked goods, you can also mix it into some of your favourite drinks to make your own canna-cocktail or canna-coffee. One recipe is to add some weed syrup to sparkling water and a bit of fruit juice to create a non-alcoholic, yet still potent beverage. You now have a summer drink to beat the heat! You can also substitute CBD-rich cannabis in place of high-THC strains in your syrup recipe if you’re seeking a non-psychoactive, but relaxing experience.
So there you have it, cannabis syrup to add to anything your heart desires!
Making homemade weed syrup is much easier than you might think! Follow this guide to get the recipe and learn tips to optimise the process.