The Best Marijuana Products for Cancer Symptoms
- Loss of appetite
Cannabis can help alleviate these symptoms without the harsh side effects of typical cancer medications.
For many people undergoing cancer treatment such as chemotherapy and radiation, the side effects are significant. They can experience all the symptoms listed above in addition to…
- Hair Loss
- Weight Loss
We have compiled a list of different symptoms you may be experiencing if you’re currently undergoing cancer treatment, and the best marijuana products for cancer patients that may help make your symptoms bearable and allow you to function closer to normal.
- Rick Simpson Oil.Unlike many alternative medicine oils that aid cancer symptoms, Rick Simpson Oil contains higher levels of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) which offers the “high” that other oils do not. The combined physical and psychoactive effects create a more comprehensive result for a sedative-like approach that leads to increased healing potential, making it one of the best marijuana products for cancer symptoms.
- 2ACDC.If you want pain relief without the psychoactive effects of THC, the ACDC strain of cannabis delivers. With high levels of CBD and low THC content, this highly touted pain-relieving cannabis strain offering cancer patients the healing benefits of marijuana without the high.
- Northern Lights.Northern Lights is high in THC and low in CBD and offers a different kind of relief than ACDC. This strain calms the nerves and helps keep an upset stomach happy. This award-winning cannabis is one of the most potent forms of alternative medicine available for the effective relief of severe nausea symptoms due to cancer and cancer treatment.
- Granddaddy Purple.Granddaddy Purple is a good choice for an appetite stimulating, sleep inducing cannabis strain. Also helpful for those who need to gain weight, this classic Indica strain emits a sweet aroma of grapes and berries that can help stimulate an otherwise sleepy (or nonexistent) appetite. Just don’t plan on a lot of activity when using this strain to increase your appetite, as you’ll probably be heading for bed once your tummy is full.
- Chernobyl.The aroma of citrus can be very helpful in lifting mood, and the Chernobyl strain, offering a sweet, refreshing aroma of lemons and limes, can help energize your body and elevate your mood to help battle the effects of depression brought on by cancer treatment.
- Pineapple Express.If you love tropical fruit, the heady aromas in Pineapple Express will be a pleasant surprise. With pineapple, mango, and papaya aromas, this hybrid offers both energy and euphoria, a perfect combination for those suffering from the fatigue often associated with cancer symptoms and conventional cancer treatments.
Keep in mind that everybody will react to medication in a different manner, and the various cannabis strains listed above as alternative medicine for cancer will therefore have various degrees of effectiveness for each person. Our recommendations on the best marijuana for cancer symptoms are based on current research, anecdotal information, industry knowledge and experience. Life Flower Dispensary medical and recreational marijuana dispensary is proud to offer our customers the highest quality organic cannabis flowers, concentrates, and edibles for your best possible health and quality of life.
Life Flower Dispensary is a recreational and medical dispensary open late in Denver and Glendale for your shopping convenience. You can visit us from 8:00 a.m. to midnight for all your recreational marijuana needs (customers must be 21 years of age or older), and our medical patients 18 years of age and older with valid medical cards are also welcomed to come and shop during those hours. Located just minutes from downtown Denver and Denver International Airport, the friendly, caring staff at Life Flower Dispensary is here to serve all your medical and recreational marijuana needs seven days a week.
We are a local business growing and selling organic cannabis using amended soil and natural-organic components to provide our customers with optimal flavor, potency, and organic quality cannabis products for medicinal and recreational use. We use only the safest and cleanest organic methods to produce the highest quality products available.
Using alternative medicine for cancer symptoms can ease the struggle. Our team has expert recommendations for the best marijuana for cancer patients!
The best cannabis strains for cancer-related symptoms
Almost every state with medical marijuana laws allows the use of cannabis for cancer patients, and considering the myriad of side effects associated with the disease and its treatments, it’s easy to see why. Cannabis can remedy pain, curb nausea, encourage the appetite, boost the mood, offer energy and motivation, assist with sleep, promote weight gain, and rekindle social enjoyment.
Each strain has its own unique effect profile, and what might be effective for one symptom might not be right for another. For you and your loved ones going through a cancer battle, we’ve compiled a list of strain suggestions for each symptom type, as well as some general guidance for managing pain, nausea, appetite loss, depression, and fatigue with cannabis.
Cannabis strains for pain
Strains containing high levels of both THC and CBD tend to be the most effective pain relievers due to their synergistic effects, but strains abundant in either of these cannabinoids may also do the trick.
Blackberry Kush is a THC-dominant strain that crushes pain with a tidal wave of physical relief. This one will keep you thoroughly tranquilized, so save it for nights and restful days.
With a one-two punch of THC and CBD, Harlequin annihilates pain with minimal mental cloudiness. Keep this strain on deck for clear-headed relief throughout the day.
For more pain-relieving strain suggestions, check out this expanded list of suggestions or use Leafly’s search filters.
Cannabis strains for nausea
Nausea is best treated with strains containing some degree of THC, and this relief is typically delivered most quickly and effectively when smoked or vaporized.
The soothing power of Northern Lights will keep you glued in one spot for a while, but your nausea will stand no chance against its stomach-calming properties. With impressive THC contents that have won it numerous awards, Northern Lights is some of the most potent herbal medicine available for sour stomachs.
The Blueberry Diesel hybrid offers a fine balance of effects that are neither racy nor lethargic. Upset stomachs will settle while moods are lifted to new heights, making this strain a fantastic medicine for both mind and body.
Cannabis strains for appetite loss
When it comes to dealing with appetite loss, high-THC strains are the way to go. If you’re worried about feeling overly stoned, try these in small doses or look for strain that has a balance of THC and CBD.
Appetite loss stands no chance against the high-THC strain Bubba Kush. It’ll help you work up a ravenous hunger, but beware of the couchlock tendencies of this strain if you’re looking to stay up and active.
The high-THC content of this classic strain isn’t the only thing that will get your appetite going–Granddaddy Purple’s sweet aroma of berries and grapes will have you craving a fruit medley (and quite possibly a fridge full of various carbs as well).
For more appetite-inducing strain suggestions, check out this expanded list of suggestions or use Leafly’s search filters.
Cannabis strains for depression
For depression symptoms, strains that boost both energy and mood tend to be the most effective. Try a strain high in the terpenes limonene or terpinolene, or consider a CBD strain that’ll help keep your mind clear and active.
Chernobyl comes loaded with a sweet aroma of lemons and limes, and has the remarkable ability to jumpstart your energy and mood any time of the day.
Pennywise is the strain you’ll want if you’re looking for a relaxed mindset without dizzying euphoria. The effects of this balanced CBD/THC strain are very clear-headed and focused as opposed to sleepy.
For more depression-curbing strain suggestions, check out this expanded list of suggestions or use Leafly’s search filters.
Cannabis strains for fatigue
A modest dose of an uplifting THC strain can be helpful for fatigue, but if THC makes you sleepy, we recommend something with balanced levels of THC and CBD.
When you’re tired, it’s hard to motivate yourself into the hobbies and activities you once enjoyed. The high-energy strain Cinex can help you change that, as enhanced sensory awareness and focus help you rediscover your happy, creative side.
Strains high in THC can be overly sedating for some. A strain with more CBD, like Cannatonic, would be a great choice for consumers who need just a gentle boost of relief alongside mental clarity.
For you and your loved ones going through a cancer battle, we’ve compiled a list of cannabis strain suggestions for managing pain, nausea, appetite loss, depression, and fatigue.