Diesel auto repair sunset park brooklyn
Consumers use the Prime Buyer’s Report to avoid the scam, fraud, and businesses with low customer satisfaction
Independent research conducted by Prime Buyer’s Report editors includes phone call surveys with customers of local businesses, checks with state agencies on license and complaint history, verification that each business has insurance coverage to protect you as a customer, phone interviews of business owners, signed agreements that they use only legal workers, and more to determine the businesses that are safe to spend with.
Auto Repair Shops in Brooklyn serving Williamsburg, Bushwick, Clinton Hill, Bedford-Stuyvesant, Bed-Stuy, Crown Heights, Park Slope, Brownsville, East Flatbush, Flatlands, Canarsie, Marine Park, Sheepshead Bay, Brighton Beach, Coney Island, Dyker Heights, Gravesend, Bay Ridge, Sunset Park, Borough Park, Midwood, Bensonhurst, Homecrest, Flatbush, Kensington, Greenpoint, Brooklyn Heights, Boerum Hill, BoCoCa, Farragut, Little Odessa, City Line, Ocean Hill, New Lots, Prospect Leffert Gardens, South Slope, Fort Greene, North Williamsburg, Georgetown, Paedergat Basin, Wingate, Weeksville, Remsen Village, East Williamsburg, Ocean Parkway, Highland Park, Stuyvesant Heights and Prospect Park
Questions to Ask Auto Repair Shops in Brooklyn NY
When choosing among auto repair shops in Brooklyn NY, ask these questions about their abilities, experience, and credentials.… More
Research on Car Repair in Brooklyn NY
Research about local auto repair in Brooklyn NY… More
Resources About Auto Repair in Brooklyn NY
The following is a list of trade associations, regulatory agencies, and publications relevant to auto repair in Brooklyn NY… More
The Best Auto Repair Shops in Brooklyn NY Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Auto repair shops in Brooklyn NY bearing The Prime Buyer’s Report TOP 10 symbol are those car repair services that have exceeded the minumum New York regulatory standard. They are those proven by our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for value and honesty, carry liability insurance as protection for you the customer, and for whom our staff has called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them for auto repair in Brooklyn, including tune ups, diagnostics, routine scheduled maintenance, fleet service and more.
Updated February 08, 2019
The TOP 10 Auto Repair Shops in Brooklyn NY
Fast Action Truck Repair
- Fast Action Truck Repair Profile
- Fast Action Truck Repair Scorecard
- Fast Action Truck Repair Reviews
- Fast Action Truck Repair Photos
- Fast Action Truck Repair Brands
- Fast Action Truck Repair Articles
- Fast Action Truck Repair Offers
Areas Served: Crown Heights, Sunset Park, Bay Ridge, Homecrest, Canarsie, Bushwick, Brooklyn…
Services: engine repair, fuel pumps, auto diagnostics, all other car repairs
G&E Auto Repair Inc
- G&E Auto Repair Inc Profile
- G&E Auto Repair Inc Scorecard
- G&E Auto Repair Inc Reviews
- G&E Auto Repair Inc Photos
- G&E Auto Repair Inc Brands
- G&E Auto Repair Inc Articles
- G&E Auto Repair Inc Offers
Areas Served: Brooklyn NY, Brownsville, Greenpoint, Flatlands, East Williamsburg, Midwood, Kensington
Services: auto repair shop for car repair, engine repair, scheduled maintenance
Ultimate Auto Repair
- Ultimate Auto Repair Profile
- Ultimate Auto Repair Scorecard
- Ultimate Auto Repair Reviews
- Ultimate Auto Repair Photos
- Ultimate Auto Repair Brands
- Ultimate Auto Repair Articles
- Ultimate Auto Repair Offers
Areas Served: Brooklyn NY, Brighton Beach NY, Kings County NY, Bensonhurst NY,…
Services: auto mechanics for all car repairs incl. foreign cars, domestic…
Tri-Co Automotive Center
- Tri-Co Automotive Center Profile
- Tri-Co Automotive Center Scorecard
- Tri-Co Automotive Center Reviews
- Tri-Co Automotive Center Photos
- Tri-Co Automotive Center Brands
- Tri-Co Automotive Center Articles
- Tri-Co Automotive Center Offers
Areas Served: Kings County NY, Remsen Village, Ocean Parkway, New Lots, BoCoCa,…
Services: car repairs incl. domestic cars, import cars, engine repair, fuel…
Ralph & John Auto Repairs
- Ralph & John Auto Repairs Profile
- Ralph & John Auto Repairs Scorecard
- Ralph & John Auto Repairs Reviews
- Ralph & John Auto Repairs Photos
- Ralph & John Auto Repairs Brands
- Ralph & John Auto Repairs Articles
- Ralph & John Auto Repairs Offers
Areas Served: Kings County, Stuyvesant Heights, Brooklyn NY, Wingate, Williamsburg NY, Flatbush…
Services: car repair shop for scheduled car maintenance, major & minor…
DK Auto Repair
- DK Auto Repair Profile
- DK Auto Repair Scorecard
- DK Auto Repair Reviews
- DK Auto Repair Photos
- DK Auto Repair Brands
- DK Auto Repair Articles
- DK Auto Repair Offers
Areas Served: Brooklyn NY, Bensonhurst, Gravesend, Bed-Stuy, Borough Park, East Flatbush, Sheepshead…
Services: car mechanics for engine diagnostic repairs, tune-ups, scheduled maintenance
LL Auto Repair Inc
- LL Auto Repair Inc Profile
- LL Auto Repair Inc Scorecard
- LL Auto Repair Inc Reviews
- LL Auto Repair Inc Photos
- LL Auto Repair Inc Brands
- LL Auto Repair Inc Articles
- LL Auto Repair Inc Offers
Areas Served: Brooklyn NY, Kings County NY, mMarine Park, Highland Park NY,…
Services: all car repair services including domestic & foreign cars, engines,…
Superior Care Auto Center
- Superior Care Auto Center Profile
- Superior Care Auto Center Scorecard
- Superior Care Auto Center Reviews
- Superior Care Auto Center Photos
- Superior Care Auto Center Brands
- Superior Care Auto Center Articles
- Superior Care Auto Center Offers
Areas Served: Little Odessa NY, Brooklyn NY, Sheepshead Bay NY, Prospect Park…
Services: local auto repair shop for engine repair, tune ups, diagnostics,…
Life Quality Auto Repair
- Life Quality Auto Repair Profile
- Life Quality Auto Repair Scorecard
- Life Quality Auto Repair Reviews
- Life Quality Auto Repair Photos
- Life Quality Auto Repair Brands
- Life Quality Auto Repair Articles
- Life Quality Auto Repair Offers
Areas Served: Brooklyn NY, Park Slope NY, Kings County NY, Flatbush NY,…
Services: all auto repairs, foreign & domestic car repairs, engine repairs,…
The Best Auto Repair Shops in Brooklyn NY Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
New York state requires only that auto repair shops in Brooklyn be registered with the state, with no exam or test of knowledge required and no on site inspection of the auto repair shop, so there is no state standard for competency among auto repair services in Brooklyn.
So obviously the state registration is no guarantee that any particular car repair shop in Brooklyn is competent, doing business ethically, delivering value, or satisfying customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all auto repair shops in Brooklyn NY that bear The Prime Buyer’s Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer’s Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, good complaint record, verified liability insurance, sufficient time in business, only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
New York state law mandates certain practices among auto repairs shops in Brooklyn NY which are as follows:
• Upon the request of any customer make an estimate in writing of the parts and labor necessary for each specific repair or service offered and shall not charge for work done or parts supplied in excess of the estimate without the consent of such customer.
• The auto repair shop is allowed to charge a reasonable fee for making an estimate. The estimate shall contain the following information: the customer’s name, the name and facility number of the car repair shop, the date of the estimate, a list of parts necessary for each specific repair together with the costs for each part, indicating any parts which are not new parts of at least original equipment quality, the labor charge for each repair together with the costs of each labor charge, year and make of vehicle, registration plate number or vehicle identification number, a description of the problem reported by the customer, and a statement informing the customer of his right to receive replaced parts if the customer makes a written request for such return.
• Not perform any services not authorized by the customer by a work order. If an auto repair shop prepares a written work order, a copy shall be given to the customer. If a written work order is prepared by the customer, such work order shall be attached to the invoice. If the customer gives an oral work order, the oral work order shall be noted on the invoice and shall include the date, time and manner of authorization and by whom such authorization was given
• Provide the customer with an invoice. An invoice shall contain the following information: the name, address and facility number of the auto repair shop, the date of the invoice, the date the vehicle was presented to the car repair shop for auto repair services, a list of all parts supplied and labor performed, including the cost for each such part and labor, a notation indicating the status of any part used which is not new and of at least original quality (i.e. used, rebuilt, etc.), the odometer reading on the car at the time it was left with the auto repair shop and the odometer reading at the time the invoice was prepared, a promised date of delivery, if any such date was given, the name of the customer, year, make, and plate number and/or vehicle identification number of the vehicle, the terms and time limit of any guarantee for the car repair services performed, a description of the problem reported by the customer, and the auto repair shop registration number.
• Return replaced parts if a timely written demand is made by the customer. If work is authorized over the telephone, it shall be presumed that the customer wants his parts returned and the auto repair shop shall keep such parts until the customer or his agent appears to retrieve the car at which time the replaced parts shall be given to the customer if he so directs. Customers may not waive their rights to replaced parts over the telephone.
• If the auto repair shop holds your vehicle to satisfy a lien for repairs you failed to pay, then upon request of the customer, the shop must return the registration number plates to the customer, or, within 24 hours of the request, personally deliver or mail by special delivery first class mail to the nearest motor vehicle office the registration number plates and a notice that the vehicle is being held to satisfy a lien for auto repair services.
How to Communicate with Auto Repair Shops in Brooklyn NY
Before you take your car to the auto repair shop, pay attention to your car’s problem. Be specific in describing your car’s symptoms and tell the car repair shop about any past repairs for similar trouble.
Although you may not fully understand the technical terms, carefully listen to the mechanic’s diagnosis.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions if you don’t understand something.
Get a cost estimate in writing and instruct the auto repair shop to call for authorization before doing any car repair services not listed on the original repair order.
If you believe the car repair shop has recommended unnecessary work or you are dissatisfied with the estimate, get a second opinion. This is an especially good idea when major auto repair is needed.
If the auto repair shop recommends replacing certain parts, ask for the old parts. You may receive credit on some parts if the mechanic wants to keep them. It’s a particularly good idea to keep the old parts if you are concerned that unnecessary work is being done. If you want the old parts returned, be sure that requirement is written on the repair order before the work begins.
Many disputes don’t arise until consumers pick up their cars and see the service bills. How to avoid disputes:
• Specifically list the labor, parts, and services performed. Be sure the repairs listed on the repair order cover all the problems you described.
• If the auto repair shop offers a guarantee on their work, get all the warranty information in writing on the repair order or bill.
• If you do have a problem, such as the bill greatly exceeding the estimate or the auto repairs being made improperly, go back to the original mechanic. Often, a dispute can be settled quickly and calmly.
• If the business refuses to correct the problem or answer your questions about the bill, legal action may be appropriate. Your can contact the Attorney General’s Office.
Auto Repair Shops in Brooklyn NY Perform Numerous Services
Auto repair shops do everything from routine maintenance including the scheduled maintenance recommended by the manufacturer (30K/60K/90K), diagnostics including the use of sophisticated modern computers, car winterization, major engine overhauls, suspension work and fleet service for local businesses like taxi companies, rental companies, trucking companies, etc.
But some shops are better than others. Some have more investment in the latest diagnostic equipment, have more bays and lifts to reduce waiting time and increase turn around time, higher education and qualification levels of their mechanics. Some have more comprehensive experience and technical capability allowing them to perform all aspects in-house while others may have to send your car out to a specialist for certain aspects of the work.
If your car has started exhibiting symptoms like a lit check engine light, engine stumbling, trouble idling, lack of power, difficulty starting, or a number of related issues, you may need a mechanic who can perform a full auto diagnostic scan to find the exact problem. Most auto repair shops should be able to perform general auto repairs including tune ups, belt replacements, car radiator service and engine hose replacement. The best car repair services will also be able to do more complicated auto repairs like fuel injection and carburetor service, ignition and battery checks, suspension sales and service, performance add-ons and aftermarket accessory installations, engine overhauls, valve jobs, head gasket replacement, and even full engine replacements.
Check Engine Light / Free Check Engine Light Diagnosis
A trip to the mechanic is often preceded by a check engine light warning. A check engine light can be due to something as simple as a loose gas cap or the need to add oil. But it can also be an indication of a more serious problem that will get worse the longer it goes unattended.
Various national chains have advertised a free check engine light diagnosis in Brooklyn NY. Bear in mind that free check engine diagnosis probably consists of just a few moments to connect a scanner to your vehicle and get the read out of the trouble codes.
The problem with this is that trouble codes are just a starting clue to a technician as to what might be wrong. Some trouble codes will indicate a failed sensor that hasn’t really failed. One of the most common trouble codes indicates a misfire and the easiest suggestion by a shop is start with a tune-up and see if that fixes the problem. Then when it doesn’t you’ve paid for a tune-up you didn’t need, and wasted time and money. Another code indicates that a new catalytic converter is needed at $2,000 but might really be just the need for an exhaust gasket or O2 sensor.
That’s why good, honest mechanics will follow up the engine diagnostic and trouble codes by a test drive and a closer look at the engine.
Another issue is the scanner used for that free check engine light diagnostic. Likely it is done with the OBDII scanner, a low cost generic scanner that can cost as little as $35 but it will not display all the information that the appropriate scanner for your make and model would. A model-specific OE scanner can cost as much as $5,000 so usually only an auto repair shop that regularly services your make and model is likely to use it. Before undertaking that free check engine light diagnosis, ask if the generic OBDII scanner will be used or one specific to your vehicle and if you will get written documentation rather than a recommendation only.
Often, a mere verbal recommendation is a sign they’re just guessing at what’s wrong, where getting written documentation means they’ve done what’s necessary to know for sure, such as a test drive or using a scanner specific to your car. The documentation prior to undertaking repair work gives you potential recourse for a refund for that work if the solution proscribed in writing turns out to be wrong, which is usually not the case if you spend for services based on a verbal recommendation.
Electric Car Repair Shops in Brooklyn NY
Battery electric cars require less maintenance than gas or diesel cars since there are no oil changes, spark plug changes, muffler repairs needed and the engine has fewer moving parts, but there is still a need for electric car repair services. For example the Tesla has a differential gear box with transmission fluid inside that still needs scheduled changing. And electric cars still have air conditioning systems to be recharged, coolant to be replaced, and brake replacement or repairs that will be needed.
EVs (electric vehicles) can also have issues with the batteries, most certainly the eventual need to replace the entire battery pack since nickel-metal-hydride and lithium-ion batteries have a limited lifespan and will eventually become less efficient.
Regularly scheduled maintenance for electric cars is required.
Some auto repair shops in Brooklyn NY might encourage you to come in for electric car repairs simply because they’re eager to take a crack at your car and gain some learning experience, but you don’t want your electric car to be their guinea pig. So when choosing an electric car repair shop in Brooklyn NY make sure they have manufacturer training on electric vehicles and/or that they have serviced or repaired a lot electric cars before yours.
The following tips will also help you to choose and communicate with a local car repair service.With so many different types of cars, trucks and SUVs, auto repair shops can fill many different niches, from BMW repair only to the most affordable for that old get-around car. There are a few basic steps you can take when looking for a place you can be confident about.
Don’t wait until you have a car repair emergency. Shop around for good car repair shops and auto mechanics in Brooklyn NY before you really need them. You’ll likely make a better decision when you’re not rushed by having to deal immediately with a breakdown or major car repairs, so it pays to do some research ahead of time. Choosing a good auto repair shop with honest mechanics now for regular maintenance is also the best way to avoid major car repairs by keeping your vehicle in top running condition.
Plan ahead. If you can, arrange for a ride before you take your car or truck in for repairs. This way, you won’t need to pick a shop just because it’s closer to home.
Do a test run with a shop. It’s a good idea to work with a car repair shop on small repairs before trusting their mechanics to handle a major car repair. Call ahead and schedule a basic service such as a tune-up. Usually, customers with appointments have priority over walk-ins. This will give you a chance to see how they operate and experience their customer service. Are they busy? Do they get your work done quickly? Are the other customer vehicles in their parking lot the same make or same value as your car or truck? Note how clean and organized the office and shop are. Pay special attention to the attitude of the car mechanics and the staff.
Understand the basics. Mechanics should be able to answer your questions and make time to discuss your concerns. The best auto repair shops in Brooklyn have professional staff. Make sure they answer your questions and give you the information you need to make a good decision. Some shops specialize in certain makes of car or in certain repairs. It is important to know an auto repair shop is able to work on your car and handle your particular car repairs.
Pricing. If your vehicle is still under warranty, make sure they will honor the warranty. Find out how they price auto repairs-is there a flat rate for each type of repair job or are prices based on parts and labor? Get in writing a detailed estimate and contract before going ahead with any car repairs. But remember-price shouldn’t be the only factor. Cheap rates can mean lower standards, cheap knock-off parts or less-experienced mechanics. Look for shops with both fair pricing, experienced repair technicians, and quality parts.
Warranties & Guarantees. Find out if the car repair shop is backed by a national warranty plan, especially if you travel out of the local area frequently in your car. Such national warranty plans typically cover parts and labor on your vehicle anywhere in the country for 12 months or 12,000 miles.
Get it in writing. Policies such as guarantees, labor rates, accepted methods of payment and business hours will be posted in good auto repair shops. You should also be able to get in writing quotes for specific services, detailed estimates and exact warranty coverage for your car’s repairs. Keep all paperwork the shop gives you. Even though they keep customer files, it is a good idea to keep your own records.
Discuss any problems. If you are unhappy with the service, give them a chance to make it right. Communication is important, so talk with the owner. The management at good shops will listen to your concerns and work to fix the problem. They have a personal interest in making you happy and keeping your business. Honest auto repair shops in Brooklyn NY will take responsibility for their work.
Some Auto Repair Shops in Brooklyn NY Are Much Better Than Others
The Prime Buyer’s Report lists these auto repair shops in Brooklyn NY: . Others car repair shops in Brooklyn NY that might still be in business include: .
Questions to Ask Auto Repair Shops in Brooklyn NY
If possible, speak with the most senior auto mechanic there or the owner of the auto repair shop. Ask these questions about their experience, abilities, and credentials and write down their answers:
• How long have they been in business? (All auto repair shops in Brooklyn NY bearing the Prime Buyer’s Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had sufficient time in business verified by our research staff so you don’t have to.)
• Do they charge a fee to inspect and diagnose your car repair problem?
• Can they give names and numbers of previous customers you can call as references? (All car repair shops in Brooklyn NY bearing the Prime Buyer’s Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their customer references called by our research staff so you don’t have to.)
• How do they determine cost? Do they charge a flat fee or base the price on hours worked?
• Will the put the initial estimate in writing?
• How often do they repair your exact car make and model?
• Do they have OE diagnostic equipment specific to your make and model? An OBDII scanner is a generic low-cost scanner that will not return all the possible trouble codes. A make/model specific scanner, also referred to as an OE scanner (Original Equipment), is made specifically for a certain make of car and is costlier form them to buy, so not every shop has it.
• Will they give you a written authorization for you to sign before undertaking repairs? Written documentation is their assessment of what work is required. In case they’re wrong about the problem, you might be able to get a refund or the additional repair at no cost. Their verbal recommendation on what they think you should do does not provide the same protection for you. Get it in writing.
• Have they had other instances of this make and model needing the exact service you’re asking about?
• Do they use OEM parts (original equipment manufacturer) or instead, lower quality aftermarket parts, or used auto parts? Those lower quality options might be cheaper, but a good shop would only use them after first explaining it as an option and letting you weigh the risk versus the short term cost savings. The best auto repair shops use OEM parts. Some cheap shops will use the low-quality substitutes without telling you, which is how the shop appears cheaper when it really isn’t.
• Do they have liability insurance to reimburse you in the event of damage to your car while it’s in their care or as a result of the repair work? (All auto repair shops in Brooklyn NY bearing the Prime Buyer’s Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don’t have to.)
• Will the work invalidate or affect your manufacturer’s warranty in any way?
• Will they honor your car warranty?
• What kind of written guarantee do they give on their car repairs?
• Will they show you proof of their state registration, since having that is required by state law for them to perform auto repair services in Brooklyn? (All auto repair shops in Brooklyn NY bearing the Prime Buyer’s Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of state registration verified by our research staff so you don’t have to.)
• How long should it take to complete your car repairs?
• What action would the auto mechanic take personally if this was his car?
When you’ve chosen the best car repair service in Brooklyn NY for your needs, make sure they have a good complaint record. (All auto repair shops in Brooklyn NY bearing the Prime Buyer’s Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had a good complaint status verified by our research staff so you don’t have to.)
Research on Car Repair in Brooklyn NY
Common Auto Repair Terms and Definitions
Active suspensions / active suspension systems – Also called a computer-controlled suspension system. A computerized vehicle system able to control body roll, body pitch, brake dive, acceleration squat and ride height. Suspension systems are controlled by double-acting hydraulic cylinders or solenoids (actuators) mounted at each wheel. Actuators support the vehicle’s weight, instead of conventional springs or air springs.
Axle / Front axle / Rear axle – A cross member supporting a vehicle on which one or more wheels are mounted. Can also refer to a pair of wheels on a vehicle.
British Car Repair Shops – Are those that specialize in British car repairs for popular models such as Jaguar and Mini Cooper repair services, and also luxury british cars with Bentley and Rolls Royce repair services. Sporty models like like MG, MGB, and the Triumph are no longer in production but British car repair specialists in Brooklyn NY are more familiar with car repairs on these British car models than average car repair shops. The same is true for Austin Healey and Aston Martin repairs in Brooklyn NY.
Check Engine Light – A warning light, usually located on the instrument cluster. When lit, it indicates possible engine problems or system problems that require engine repair or other auto repair services.
Cylinder – The round holes inside an engine block that make space for the pistons.
Cylinder Block – The basic framework of an engine. All other parts and assemblies are installed or attached to the cylinder block.
Cylinder Head – The part of the engine that covers cylinders and pistons.
Detroit Diesel Two-Stroke Engines – A type of engine where air enters the cylinder through cylinder liner ports
Diesel Engine – A compression-ignition engine that runs on diesel fuel. Many popular German auto brands are known for their diesel engines, such as Mercedes Benz and BMW (Bavarian Motor Works). The popularity of diesel engines for German cars and European cars generally has several reasons. A diesel engine is cheaper to run than a gasoline engine, since diesel fuel is less expensive. Next, diesel fuel has 20% more energy per gallon than gas, and almost double that of ethanol. Diesel engine repair shops in Brooklyn including Mercedes & BMW repair shops in Brooklyn NY will repair diesel cars, but may also repair diesel trucks and buses, bulldozers, tractors and other large vehicles.
Engine – The device within cars and trucks that burns fuel to produce mechanical power. It converts heat energy into mechanical energy.
Engine Overhaul – To perform engine repairs on an auto that are more than simple repairs but not as extensive as an engine rebuild.
Engine Rebuild – To perform an extensive engine repair including machining, reboring, and honing to factory-stock specifications. This is a much more extensive process than an engine overhaul.
Flooding the Engine – When too much gasoline is metered into an engine for combustion.
Front Suspension – The system that supports the weight of the front of the vehicle. Most cars have an independent front suspension.
Front-Wheel Drive – A drive system that transmits power from the engine through the front wheels. The rear wheels do not power the vehicle.
Gasoline Engine – An engine that runs on gasoline, a liquid blend of hydrocarbons used as automotive fuel and processed from crude oil.
German Car Repair Shops – German auto repair shops in Brooklyn NY are those that specialize in repairs of German cars such that they have special expertise in repairs for BMW, Mercedes Benz, Audi, Porsche, BMW Mini and others. Being an expert in German car repair often means expertise in diesel car repair services, as well as the greater precision that is often required of German car brands known for being high performance cars. Since the best German auto repair usually means greater experience or even foreign factory training, hourly labor rates for German auto repair are understandably often a little higher than for domestic car repairs. Since parts usually come from Germany, often made with greater precision, part costs can be a little higher too.
Italian Auto Repair Shops – These are Italian car repair services Brooklyn NY that specialize in Italian cars like Ferrari, Alfa Romeo, Lamborghini, Maserati, Lancia, Fiat, Bugatti, DeTomaso, and others.
Muscle Cars / Muscle Car Repair Shops – American made rear wheel drive cars of the late 1960’s to mid 1970’s that were ‘small’ cars (compared to their engines) which came with large powerful V8 engines and sold as everyday cars for regular street use. Common examples still being serviced by muscle car specialists in Brooklyn are the Plymouth Road Runner, Pontiac GTO, Chevy Chevelle, Dodge Charger, Ford Gran Torino, Oldsmobile 442, Mercury Montego, AMC AMX, Plymouth GTX, AMC Rebel, Chevy Nova, Chevy Malibu, Dodge Demon, Ford Cobra, Plymouth Duster, Oldsmobile Cutlass. These muscle cars were mass-marketed, but the automakers understood that they would attract customers interested in what was essentially a turn-key racing machine. Although sales were modest, they were considered prestige cars for the automakers. Muscle car repair shops in Brooklyn NY will be very familiar repairing & restoring the Hemi engines and other large V8 engines found in American muscle cars. A sub-set of the muscle cars are known as “pony cars” and include smaller-sized large-engine cars like the Ford Mustang, Chevy Camaro and Plymouth Barracuda. There are muscle car repair experts in Brooklyn NY who specialize in Ford Mustang repair, and repair of other pony cars.
Radiator – A heat exchanger that removes heat from the cooling system coolant, containing a vertical-finned or horizontal-finned tubing section connected between two tanks.
Rear-Wheel Drive – Autos powered by the engine through the rear wheels
Turbo Charger Repair (Turbocharger Repair) – A turbochargers purpose is to boost horsepower. A turbo charger should last as long as the engine but it’s possible for debris to get into the turbine or compressor. Turbo charger repairs may also be needed if the lubricant is dirty or too low, or if the exhaust gas temperatures from the injection system are too high. There are some turbocharger repair shops and turbo charger repair experts in Brooklyn who can perform a turbo charger inspection. If turbo charger repair services in Brooklyn NY cannot repair the turbo, then they can install a new or refurbished turbocharger. While you might attempt turbocharger repairs yourself, you’re best off finding an expert in turbo charger repair in Brooklyn NY.
Winding the Engine – Running the engine at top RPM (Revolutions Per Minute).
Resources About Auto Repair in Brooklyn NY
Licensing & Trade Associations Related to Car Repair in Brooklyn NY
AAA New York www.northeast.aaa.com
AAAM Association for the Advancement of Automotive Medicine www.carcrash.org
AAIA Automotive Aftermarket Industry Association www.aftermarket.org
AASP Alliance Of Automotive Service Providers www.autoserviceproviders.com
ACA Automotive Composites Alliance www.autocomposites.org
ADS Association of Diesel Specialists www.diesel.org
AERA Engine Builders Association www.aera.org
AIAG Automotive Industry Action Group www.aiag.org
ASA Automotive Service Association www.asashop.org
Automotive Service Association – Midwest www.asa-midwest.org
ASE National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence www.asecert.org
BBB The Better Business Bureau www.bbb.com
GASDA-NY Gasoline and Automotive Service Dealers Association www.gasda-ny.com
NARSA National Automotive Radiator Service Association www.narsa.org
NATEF National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation www.natef.org
NYASSRS New York Association of Service Stations & Repair Shops www.nysassrs.com
SAE Society of Automotive Engineers automobile.sae.org
SEMA Specialty Equipment Market Association www.sema.org
SSRSOUNY Service Station & Repair Shop Operators of New York www.ssrsouny.com
Magazines/Media Related to Auto Repair in Brooklyn NY
Car and Driver
Road & Track
Sport Compact Car
Turbo And High Performance Magazine
Turbo And High Tech Performance
US Auto News
The Prime Buyer’s Report provides information for the TOP 10 Auto Repair in Brooklyn NY within the following zip codes:
11222, 11209, 11245, 11229, 11215, 11201, 11235, 11221, 11208, 11242, 11228, 11214, 11234, 11220, 11207, 11241, 11226, 11213, 11233, 11219, 11206, 11239, 11225, 11212, 11232, 11218, 11205, 11238, 11224, 11211, 11231, 11217, 11204, 11237, 11223, 11210, 11249, 11230, 11216, 11203 and 11236
The Prime Buyer’s Report provides information for the TOP 10 Car Repair in Brooklyn NY within the following cities:
Williamsburg, Bushwick, Clinton Hill, Bedford-Stuyvesant, Bed-Stuy, Crown Heights, Park Slope, Brownsville, East Flatbush, Flatlands, Canarsie, Marine Park, Sheepshead Bay, Brighton Beach, Coney Island, Dyker Heights, Gravesend, Bay Ridge, Sunset Park, Borough Park, Midwood, Bensonhurst, Homecrest, Flatbush, Kensington, Greenpoint, Brooklyn Heights, Boerum Hill, BoCoCa, Farragut, Little Odessa, City Line, Ocean Hill, New Lots, Prospect Leffert Gardens, South Slope, Fort Greene, North Williamsburg, Georgetown, Paedergat Basin, Wingate, Weeksville, Remsen Village, East Williamsburg, Ocean Parkway, Highland Park, Stuyvesant Heights and Prospect Park
All Rights Reserved © American Discovery Publishing® 2007 – 2020
The TOP 10 Auto Repair Shops in Brooklyn by The Prime Buyer's Report. Clients surveyed for satisfaction, verified insured, prices, reviews.